Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tuesday Treats: Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes with White Chocolate Buttercream Icing

 

IMG_0193

So I’ve been slacking on the Foodie Friday idea I had, no idea why really when I have so many food related posts to make! I wanted to bake something nice for Valentine’s Day and seeing as I had some leftover truffle mixture from the Irish Foodie Romance Cookalong sitting in the fridge (I don’t know how it lasted that long in there either!), I decided to whip up a quick batch of cupcakes!

Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes with White Chocolate Buttercream Icing

Makes 12 large buns

Ingredients:

150g Butter

150g Caster Sugar

175g Self Raising Flour

50g Cocoa powder

3 eggs, beaten

Vanilla Essence

About 2-3 tablespoons melted chocolate truffle mixture (or just melted dark chocolate instead)

75g Butter

150g icing sugar

50g white chocolate

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Cream the butter and the sugar together until fluffy.

2. Add in half egg mixture and half the flour and cocoa powder and beat.

3. Add remaining egg mixture and vanilla essence and beat.

4. Fold in remaining flour mixture. Once it is fully folded in, fold in some of the melted truffle mixture.

5. Spoon into liner and bake for 10-15 minutes or until a knife or toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean (length of time to bake will depend on how big you make the cupcakes). Leave to cool fully before icing.

6. To make the icing, melt the white chocolate either in the microwave or in a bowl over a pan of boiling water. Take off heat and let cool.

7. Cream the butter and icing sugar together. Once smooth, add the white chocolate and mix to incorporate. Icing the buns, either by icing a piper or just spreading on with a spoon.

When icing my cupcakes, I used a piping bag and used a small star tip to make the icing look like whipped cream. I added some strawberries for a romantic touch!

IMG_0194

Shot to show the lovely liners I got off Deb from Ate by Ate last year for Valentine’s Day. My picture doesn’t do justice to the prettiness of them!

IMG_0195

3 comments:

  1. those look delicious! the cupcake liners are really adorable too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I'm so happy you used the liners, yay!! :D And those cupcakes look so fabulous and yummy and frosty and all sorts of awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Wini and Deb! Yes, I love the liners, I hate using them for 'everyday' cupcakes though as they are so cute! I tend to use them for special occasions like this

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...