Sunday, July 31, 2011

The beginning of my epic quest

If you’ve been following any of my New Year’s Resolutions posts, you’d have noticed that I’ve been doing pretty well for most of them. In fact, this week I reached my 3rd resolution; Read 25 books. However, I’ve made no headway with resolutions 5 (eat more fruit and veg) and resolution 6 (Lose weight). I do make some progress in January but it all fell apart. I’m at the stage where I need to start concentrating on this.

It’s not that I don’t know what I have to do. I know it too well, eat less food and exercise more. It’s not that I don’t want to do it, I deep down do. It’s the motivation, I just can’t find the motivation to start. It just seems like such a big mountain to climb. Though I’m almost certain that once I’m in a routine and enjoying it, it’ll be half the work.

I don’t know how much I’m going to blog on it. Or what I’m even going to do this quest. All I know is that I’m going to use August to get a start and grip on all this. If you have any suggestions for me, be it how to get more fruit and veg into my diet to exercise ideas (I plan on using YouTube exercise videos, as well as other things). I’d love to hear all suggestions! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Eat fruit for breakfast in the morning! It's what I always do and it works for me because I'm ravenous right after I wake up (really, I'm starving an hour after I wake) and I tend to get more servings in that way. Also, I know this is purely psychological, but your fruit up into small pieces, it'll feel less overwhelming than if you were to take a whole grapefruit head on, lol.

    In terms of veggies, make it a point to have it in every single meal, that way you won't feel obligated to choke a ton down at dinner when you realize you haven't had any at all during the day. As well, if you possible, make one day a week completely vegetarian.

    And for exercise, if you can get to a commmunity pool, best exercise of your life. You don't have to be an olympian, just wade through it, kick through the water, whatever, you feel it after.

    And I think you're doing awesome with your resolutions :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck, though as you've said you'll most likely be flying at it once you get started.

    I've just started running again (after a good few weeks off,) and I'm cutting the junk out of my diet too.

    We can both do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, thanks for the tips!! I hope I can get more fruit in, I'm not a huge fan, I much much prefer veggies and will easily eat them. Thing is I've fallen out of eating properly, I'm not a huge fan of breakfast so I skip it, lunch was never big in my house so I don't have anything big for lunch, dinner was always the main meal. I need get back to eating breakfast at the very least! And there's no community pool here but I must check if I get free gym and pool access thanks to E. I think I might. I like doing video work outs but my house is so busy that there's always someone spying at me and it makes me feel uncomfortable!

    And thanks P, we can definitely both do it! I love all the support on Twitter already, it's very encouraging. I also have another forum as well that's got a good community for this so it's great to have all that support. Did you do much running before? I've never been a huge fan of running

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...