Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Current Music Loves!

Just a quick post with a few videos of songs I’m loving right now! Most are ones I’ve only discovered in the last week or so.

Let Me Go- Maverick Sabre

I heard this three times on the radio before I finally got the name of the artist! Maverick Sabre is London born but Irish raised and quite frankly I love this song. It reminds me of something Cee Lo Green might do, his voice has a lovely soulful quality. I played this to my boyfriend and he thought it was boring! My brother and sister however love it and hopefully you will too.

Bright Lights Bigger City- Cee Lo Green

Speaking of Cee Lo Green, I am still in love with this song. The beat is from Billie Jean and the violins remind me of ‘You Only Live Once’ by Nancy Sinatra. I’m a sucker for songs with violins really! This is an unlisted video that I had saved before they made it unlisted, I love all the pretty lights from New York.

She Said- CocknBullKid & Clare Maguire

CocknBullKid has apparently been on the music scene since at least 2008, when her debut single came out, but I only came across her yesterday. I’m listening to her other songs on her channel, but I just love this cover version of ‘She Said’ by Plan B. She opened for my 2010 music love Janelle Monae’s UK tour this year so I’m looking forward to getting to know more of her songs.

BE- Rhian Benson ft Jonas

Rhian Benson’s first album came out in 2003 but yet again, I only discovered her yesterday. This song was the second single from her second album and it’s got a dreamy quality to it, while at the same time being a bit quirky. It reminds of something you’d hear from Moloko’s ‘Make and Do’ album.

Moves Like Jagger- Maroon 5 ft Christina Aguilera

I’ve said it before, Adam Levine is a fine specimen of mankind. His voice is as sexy as his looks and this song shows it. I love the music too, it makes me want to dance!

What are your favourite songs at the moment? Both old and new, I’d love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...