Monday, September 12, 2011

National Cupcake Week!

 

So you can imagine my excitement when I discovered that this week, Sept 12-18 is National Cupcake Week! I love cupcakes (or queen cakes as I knew them by growing up) and have so many recipes I want to try out, so hopefully this week I’ll get through some. But before I try anything new, I thought I’d show you some cupcakes I’ve made before.

Madeira Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Icing

This is the basic cupcake recipe I go off and that I alter to suit my tastes, by adding different colours (red and blue were added as these were to celebrate my sister going to college to study French), flavourings (vanilla is what I usually use, but you can add chocolate, lemon, orange, almond, the list goes on!) and decorations (sprinkles and the likes). Recipe for the above found here.

Chocolate Orange Cupcakes with Baileys Buttercream Icing

Essentially, this is just a variation of the cupcakes above, but made slightly more decadent with the added Baileys. Yum! This recipe is found here.

Green Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

IMG_0225

Essentially a Red Velvet Cupcake made with green dye instead of red. Made with some cocoa powder, this gives the cupcake a subtle chocolatey taste, while the cream cheese frosting is just silky and delicious. Recipe found here.

Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes with White Chocolate Buttercream Icing

Rich, decadent and simply delicious! Definitely for chocolate lovers. Recipe found here.

Cookies and Cream Cupcakes

While the icing here may not be the prettiest, don’t let it through you off! Made with Oreos, it’s perfect for those who don’t know whether to go for a cupcake or a cookie! Recipe here.

So, that’s all I’ve made so far. Any suggestions for what to make this week? I’d love to here your ideas!

2 comments:

  1. YAY for cupcake week! Although I have to say, EVERY week can be cupcake week, haha. Even though I obviously haven't eaten any of your cuppycakes, my faves of yours have to be the orange chocolate with the Baileys! I'd be all over those.

    And let's see, suggestions..
    1) anything lemon!! lemon raspberry, lemon vanilla, lemon custard, etc. etc.
    2) coconut anything
    3) strawberry lemonade
    4) cherry pie
    5) gingerbread

    I have more, but that's all that's coming to me right now, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh thanks for the suggestions!! I made some lemon and lime marmalade ones yesterday. And I have a post with lemon bars coming up soon, which you'll LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...