Friday, November 4, 2011

October Recap: Ballet

 DSC01504

So for the second weekend in October, I got to do something I had never done before: Go to the ballet! The UL Concert Hall was showing The Moscow Ballet’s ‘The Nutcracker’ and I went along with my mother, aunt, 2 sisters and a cousin, one big girlie night out! We got seats right in front of the stage, which is great in that venue as the stage isn’t high up. It was a beautiful production, the strength and stamina these men and women have is amazing! And the costumes are just so pretty. I got to take a few pictures and one video of the last half of The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy.

Although it was a little early in the year to be showing The Nutcracker (traditionally a Christmas show), I’d recommend going anytime. I love Tchaikovsky’s music and you’d be surprised how much you know (I think I knew most of it from Fantasia!). I’m really looking forward to getting the chance to go again to the ballet.

 

DSC01502

DSC01500

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I've always wanted to see The Nutcracker ballet! It's definitely one of those holiday things I want to do at least once in my lifetime. That's so awesome you got to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb! You should definitely go if you get the chance, it's a great experience! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...