Friday, January 6, 2012

2011 Recap

2011 has been a very strange year for me. I’ve had two jobs but spent half the year searching for work. I got my first car but a month later ended up crashing it. The first 5 months of the year I dealt with a long distance relationship, with my boyfriend out in Australia but made up for that in the last 2 months, as we finally moved in together. Didn’t get to travel as much as my heart desires but went to London twice, got to go to Beaut.ie meet ups in Dublin and had a sunny holiday in Waterford.

Overall, a year of ups and downs. Like any year really. This is one I’m truly happy to have behind me. While it definitely ended well (moving in with the boyfriend, sandwiched with the trips to London), the year will forever be tainted with the memory of the car crash. At the end of 2010, I was in such a bad place mentally that I was convinced I wouldn’t see the end of 2011, I had this niggling feeling that I was going to die. I can’t explain it and I don’t think I ever will, but every time I tried to think beyond 2011, I had a mental block. I’m happy that I’m in a much better place mentally now and hope to follow this by being in a better physical health.

So here’s to 2012 being full of happy, healthy times with friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...