Saturday, January 7, 2012

Favourite Songs of 2011: Part 1

I had so much fun writing this last year that I couldn’t wait to start writing again for 2011! Last year’s posts can be found under the music tag. Again, these are in no particular order!

Maverick Sabre ‘Let Me Go’. I LOVE this song so much. It has still get get old for me. I wrote back in July that my boyfriend thought the song was boring but as suspected, it grew on him. It’s got a lovely soulful quality and makes me happy!

Cee Lo Green ‘Bright Lights Bigger City’. Another song that has yet to get old for me. I also blogged about this back in July, I love how the beat is from Billie Jean and oh the violins! I just love them. Again I’m posting a now unlisted video over the official one, only because the lights look so so pretty and really make me want to go to New York.

Maroon 5 ‘Moves Like Jagger’. Quite possibly the biggest of 2011. Or at least the most played! Again, I blogged about it back in July and while I still like it, it definitely has reached overplayed. But there’s no denying it is very very catchy!

2011, the year of LMFAO? Yes, quite possibly. It’s hard to believe that these two are the son and grandson of Motown legend Berry Gordy! They’re songs are so catchy though so maybe it’s not too unbelievable! ‘Party Rock Anthem’ was the big song of the summer and always makes me want to dance.

Lady Gaga ‘Born This Way’. Love the song, not so much a fan of the bonkers video. The song definitely has a Madonna ‘Express Yourself’ feel to it, whether you think that’s a good or bad thing. I spent most of my journeys to and from work dancing along in the car to this. It leaves me with a feel good feeling and there’s lots of great covers on YouTube too.

‘Superbass’ by Nicki Minaj. ‘Boom de boom de boom de boom de bass. He got that Superbass! Boom de boom de boom de boom de bass!’. Such a catchy chorus. I admit, I don’t know much else about Nicki Minaj’s music but this song is great! Of course, it’s made better by those little girls in tutus singing and dancing to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...