Friday, April 13, 2012

30 Days of Pinterest: Day 12

I was still feeling a bit blah, so I decided to take a bath. My skin has hit a rough patch so I turned to Pinterest to see what beauty DIY ideas I previously pinned. The one that caught me was Baking Soda Scrub. Or as the pin had described it ‘DIY Microdermabrasion’. The pin came from this website. So I went to my cupboard and dug out my baking soda.

bakingscrub

Mix 3 teaspoons of baking soda with 1 teaspoon of water into a thick paste. Apply to face in a gentle circular motion for at least a minute. Rinse and pat face dry.

It was quite impressed with the results, my skin felt soft and exfoliated after. Because it dissolves into a paste, the particles are not big enough to be scratchy on the face. The only thing I would add is my nose is a bit sore and cracked from having a cold and it stung a small bit there, so I would avoid using it on cracked or broken skin.

My boyfriend had seen me mixing the paste before hand and after my bath asked had I used it on my face. I replied yes and asked why, thinking he was going to say my skin looked a bit more radiant after the treatment. Instead, he laughed and said that’s what they use to clean tiles where he works! Baking soda and it’s many uses!

2 comments:

  1. This totally made me laugh! I can just picture you two having that conversation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had completely forgotten about this til now! We're so loving to each other!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...