Thursday, May 17, 2012

Essence Nail Art Special Effect! Toppers

CLICK HERE FOR PART 2!

I love sparkly things for nails! I’ve been lusting after the Catrice Million Styles Topcoats for ages but unfortunately I haven’t found any yet. When Googling them, I came across the Essence Nail Art Special Effect! Toppers. I hadn’t seen or heard about them in Ireland until I saw it on Behind Green Eyes blog. And boy did I get excited then! When I mentioned it on Twitter, Miss Green Eyes herself said she could post some to me. I swear, I didn’t think it could be possible to get so excited about nail varnish but I was practically bouncing up and down in my seat! She very kindly posted 4 of them to me: Night in Vegas (similar to the discontinued GOSH Rainbow), Circus Confetti, Disco Disco and Glorious Aquarius (my 4 favourite out of the 8!). Here’s some swatches
DSC03176
Left to Right: Night in Vegas, Disco Disco, Circus Confetti and Glorious Aquarius (all one coat)
DSC03180
Left to Right: Night in Vegas, Disco Disco, Circus Confetti and Glorious Aquarius (all two coats)
DSC03189
Left to Right: Disco Disco, Circus Confetti and Glorious Aquarius (all 3 coats)
And now doing what they’re supposed to do, be topcoats!
DSC03188
Left to right: Catrice I Wear My Sunglasses At Night topped with Circus Confetti, Wet N Wild Wild Shine in Denim Chrome topped with Glorious Aquarius, Essence Colour & Go in Luxury Secret topped with Disco Disco, Nails Inc in Bluebell (InStyle special) topped with Night in Vegas (one coat of top coat)
DSC03194
Same as above with 2 layers of top coat (and a bit messy application, I was too excited to not take pictures!)
I can’t wait to try out different colour combinations! I definitely like the look with just one layer of top coat. I had fun picking out colours to go underneath and had picked out a different colour to go with Night in Vegas but switched last minute as I was drawn to the Nails Inc Bluebell. And now I know why! I saw it on Behind Green Eyes blog and it obviously stuck in my head! Check out her post here for her lovely swatches.
I’ll probably keep an eye out for the other top coats in this range (as well as the Catrice ones!!). What are your favourite shades at the moment? Let me know in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. Loving the aquarius one!! cant be essence for the up to the minute trends..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Aquarius is lovely! Essence are brilliant when it comes to trends, they are always on the ball!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need Circus Confetti and Glorious Aquarius!! They will be mine!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you find them when you're over! Circus Confetti is so much fun! I was my favourite before I got them but now I think Glorious Aquarius has the edge, heehee!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...