Tuesday, July 31, 2012

25 Before 25: Try Surfing

I’ve been quiet last week, mainly because I was busy playing tourist with my friends K&K. I had a great time bringing them places and trying new things. And one of those things was surfing!

I’ve wanted to try it for a while, considering I live by the sea and know several people who surf, it’s a bit of a joke that I had never tried until now! We went with Lahinch Surf Experience to rent our equipment (they also do lessons but since K&K can surf they said they’d teach me). And while they did a great job with that I unfortunately just couldn’t stand. No matter how hard I tried. And boy did I try. I did manage to stay on waves though and it was one of the greatest feelings! I can only imagine how much more intense it is standing up. It definitely makes me want to go again and hopefully I won’t leave it a long time before heading out again. Beware though, this really makes your arms ache the next day!

DSC04344

4 comments:

  1. Well done for giving it a go, I'm not a huge fan of water but it looks like great craic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was good fun, though sometimes I hate the water. Was terrified I'd walk on a weaver fish!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...