Monday, October 7, 2013

Recent Beauty Buys

DSC07953

I enjoyed the last beauty buys post I did back in July so when I realised I had picked up a good few bits over the last week or so, I decided I’d do a post!

Nails

DSC07957

From left to right

Rimmel Space Dust in Moon Walking

Rimmel Space Dust in Aurora

Catrice Gel Like Top Coat

Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer in Miami pINK

Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer in Mermaid My Day

Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer in Kitch Me If You Can

I’m looking forward to trying out the Rimmel Space Dusts especially, they are textured and kinda remind me of the Precious Stones nail polishes they already have out. I’ve had one try of the Catrice Gel Top Coat and I’m pretty impressed. I didn’t have high hopes, I was disappointed by the Essence version of this (made my nails so shiny but I found it didn’t dry properly or fast enough and my nails always ended up smudged). My nails lasted days without chipping and were shiny.

Eyes

DSC07962

Catrice Better Than False Lashes Mascara in Ultra Black

 GOSH Extreme Art EyeLiner in 13

I’ll admit, I bought the GOSH eyeliner partly because it was half price. And also because I’ve wanted a gold liner after seeing Lenny Kravtiz as Cinna in The Hunger Games. That man can rock a gold eyeliner like nobodies business! And I always like to try out new mascaras, they are one of my makeup weaknesses. I’ve tried it once and was scared when I saw the massive brush, however I think I have a new favourite! NO clumping whatsoever, which is my no.1 pet hate when it comes to mascara. 1 coat would be perfect for a subtle look while 2 coats really builds it up.

Face

DSC07965

Catrice Allround Concealer-palette

Catrice Blush Tint in Rose Tint

My skin is going through a major teenage moment. I was look when I was a teenager, I rarely got spots. Now I’m covered in them, angry red ones that have left marks. So I bought this palette mainly because I wanted to try the green concealer to colour correct the redness. And I love tinted blushers and decided to add to my collection!

Lips

DSC07964

Catrice Precision Lip Liner in The Roof is on Fire

Catrice Infinite Shine Lip Gloss in Pink Before You Leave

I don’t wear much on my lips, in fact I rarely, if ever, have something strong on it. But I wanted to try a bit of colour and decided to nab this half price liner, so I could use it all over if I wanted. I liked the dark red, I think it suits me slightly better than a much brighter daring one. And this gloss is lovely, very very subtle colour but I like that it’s a clear gloss. I’ve never tried a Catrice one before, mainly because they don’t come out with a clear look or else have glitter or shimmer in them. This is great for something more natural.

 

 

Body

DSC07966

 Pixy Solid Foot Scrub

 Nivea Smooth Nourishing Hand Cream with Macadamia Nut Oil

I’ve heard SO many good things about Pixy. And since my feet are a bit manky, I decided I’d give this a go as my first Pixy product. And I picked up the hand cream as it’s always handy (harhar) to have in your handbag.

 

And that’s it for now! Let me know if you’d like a proper review of any of these, I’ll most likely do post for the nail colours anyway.

4 comments:

  1. I'd actually love to see a review of the blush tint, was thinking about getting it but wanted to see what it was like first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've taken some pictures, but not sure my camera was behaving properly! I'll look through the photos and if they turned out well, I'll do a post!

      Delete
  2. Dying to hear what the concealer palette is like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying it so far! Especially for the green part on my spots and scars, but mixing the pink with one of the more skin tone shades is great for under eyes, to get that salmon-y colour that's need to cancel out blues and purples.

      If I'm brave enough, I'll think about doing a before and after. Not sure if I am just yet though! My skin is in horrific condition at the moment, never had it so bad before

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...