Friday, October 3, 2014

Barbara Tfank Autumn/Winter 14 Inspired Nails

I came across a Pinterest board full of images from the A/W 14 runway looks and decided I’d love to do a few nail looks inspired by these images. I’ve loved fashion for years. You wouldn’t think it to look at me (I never keep up to date with what I wear and would rather be comfortable), but since I was a teenager I’ve loved fashion, reading Vogue and Elle, cutting out pictures of clothes I liked and keeping them in a folder, trying out DIY looks. I even did a project at 16 called Fashion Through the Ages and documented fashion trends from the 50s to the 00s, highlighting one designer and one icon I thought embodied these decades. It was lots of fun and I think I still have it somewhere.

This Barbara Tfank Ready To Wear dress really stood out to me, I just loved the combination of colours and how ladylike it is but at the same time how bold it is, it’s just stunning.

barbara tfank 1w 14

Picture from Vogue.co.uk

Here’s my own take on the look.

IMG_3438

Colours I used are Catrice in Emerald Bay for the base, Revlon in Gold Coin for the gold and then my trusty Barry M Black Nail Art Pen. I wish I got the wispiness of the black parts on the dress better translated onto the nail but I’m still pretty happy with the look!

        IMG_3438 barbara tfank 1w 14

Side by side comparison

What do you think? Is there anything from the runaway this season that you really think would look great as nail art? Let me know below!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! And I think the dress is stunning

      Delete
  2. Wow! Your nails look absolutely stunning. Gorgeous colours

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...