Thursday, January 22, 2015

Tag: The Soundtrack to My Life

I saw this on Sharon’s blog and knew I had to do it myself!

Song You Listen to When Happy
Really depends on what I’m in the mood for! Like Sharon, I’m enjoying Bang Bang by Jessie J & co., every time I hear Shake It Off played at work, it puts me into a good mood! Motown is using pretty good, 80s are a really good bet for me in case you didn’t get that from the music meme I did way back when on this blog! Rio by Duran Duran to name but one song.


Song You Listen to When Sad
Songs from A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay, Elton John (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word), certain Beatles songs (Eleanor Rigby, Yesterday, In My Life), Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler. Not that I don’t enjoy these when happy either.


What song will you have at your wedding?
I’ve never really been set on certain songs to play at my wedding, it hasn’t crossed my mind that much. Bar one song that I love and don’t wish to divulge here!


What song do you dance around the house to?
Stick on pretty much any Michael Jackson and I’ll dance. Especially Blame It On the Boogie and Rockin’ Robin (complete with chicken dance moves). Actually make that pretty much any disco. Also Let’s Dance by David Bowie, Twist and Shout by The Beatles, Bye Bye Bye by N Sync, Tightrope by Janelle Monae, I did a great rendition of Proud Mary by Tina Turner just before Christmas while tidying the house and packing!
bye bye bye


Song You Play on Your Headphones When Out and About
I have a playlist called Happy and I put it on shuffle, it’s songs that make feel good. Most, if not all, the songs already listed are on there, as well as a mix of songs like I Turn to You by Mel C, Madness songs, Dance Wiv Me by Dizzee Rascal, Toxic by Britney Spears, Micheal by Franz Ferdinand, I Bet You Look Good on the Dance Floor by Arctic Monkeys, Rip It Up by Little Richard, Greenlight by Beyonce, I could go on and go!


Song You Listen to When Angry
I probably go to rock, something that I can thrash away to. First It Giveth by Queens of the Stoneage helps to diffuse anger in me. I also like Winter by Vivaldi, it’s the violins. If I could play the violin I’d play this when angry and channel all my anger into that.


Song That Makes You Lose Your Shit at a Party
Hmmm, I can’t think of the last time I was out in a situation with this! I do remember however Gasolina by Daddy Yankee being one of those ‘OMG!!!’ moments at my secondary school graduation, due to a friend and me hearing it in London a few months earlier, not hearing it ever back home until that moment and running to find each other on the dance floor to go ‘OMG, IT’S THAT SONG!!’
my song


The Last Song You Listened To
I put on a random Michael Jackson playlist when I started this post, starting off with Blame It On The Boogie. Currently on though is Scream by Michael and Janet Jackson.


Song You Want to See Live
I’m not a massive concert goer, I’ve been to a few before and while I’ve enjoyed them I haven’t been to one in years and years. I would love to go to a Madness concert though, I grew up listening to them thanks to Mum and I think it would just be a great concert to go to. On the flip side, I’d also like to see Prodigy live but my boyfriend reckons that I’d never cope at one, I’d be jostled around and I’d be miserable!


Your Karaoke Song
Wake Me Up by Wham! J-j-j-jitterbug!




What songs do you work out to?
I used to have a playlist on my phone with songs but it got wiped. I do like dancey stuff actually, which is surprising as I’m not a massive dance genre fan. Things like Hey Boy Hey Girl by Chemical Brothers, Adagio For Strings by Tiesto, Prodigy songs, Bonkers by Dizzee Rascal.


Song with most memories attached
You can’t help but attach memories to songs. There’s is no one song that holds the most memories. Toxic reminds me of being in Prague on school tour in TY, Monster by The Automatic reminds me of being at Oxegen music festival in 2006, It’s Raining Men by Geri Halliwell reminds me of my 1st year school tour, Tipsy by J Kwon of my 18th birthday party, Maneater of the debs, SOS by Rihanna of dancing on the bed with a friend after a night out in college, Bright Lights Bigger City by Ceelo Green  of driving to early every morning to my first proper job after college, Never Enough by Roisin Murphy reminds me of the day I handed in my final year dissertation, Uptown Girl cover by Westlife reminds me of when my sister was born. I could go on and on and on! If I was to attach an album though to memories, it would be 2002 in London staying with my Nana, going to my cousin’s confirmation and watching Ireland play in World Cup and that album is The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill.
tipsy


Song that Makes You Cry
Somewhere Over the Rainbow. It was played at my cousin’s funeral 7 years ago and it still tugs at my heart to this day and brings tears to my eyes. Danny Boy and Brown Eyed Girl always have the same effect. Annie’s Song by John Denver makes me well up as well for some reason.


Guilty Pleasure Song
No such thing. NO SUCH THING AS A GUILTY PLEASURE! If you want me to list songs that fall under cheesy, then I’ll go with bands I liked from childhood to teenage years, like Spice Girls, S Club 7, Steps, Vengaboys, you get the picture! Still enjoy listening to them to this day.
zigazigah
Zigazigah!

Favourite Song from a Musical
Again, no such thing as just one favourite! Love the entire Chicago soundtrack, as well as the Annie one too. There’s Singin’ in the Rain, El Tango de Roxanne from Moulin Rouge, My Favourite Things from The Sound of Music, Electricity from Billy Elliot, Hey Big Spender from Sweet Charity, Part of My World from The Little Mermaid (I’m counting Disney films!).


Song by an Irish Artist
Seeing as I don’t listen to Irish radio anymore, I’m not really up to date with Irish bands. I do still really like Encore by Wallis Bird though, such a rousing song.




Favourite Song to Play on an Instrument
I can’t remember the name but I loved playing a ballad song on the tin whistle, I could make it sound quite melancholy. I should pick up the tin whistle again really or learn to play another instrument.


Song You Hate the Most
Still hate those Coronas songs, as well as that ‘I got soul but I’m not a soldier’ bollox by The Killers


Your Favourite Song of All Time
Don’t have one. Can’t pin it down to one, no way. I love most of the songs mentioned here and many more. I will say though, I love so many different covers of I Put a Spell on You. Screaming Jay Hawkins, Nina Simone, Bette Midler in Hocus Pocus, Annie Lennox, and Tim Curry. I’m sure if I looked up more versions on YouTube I’d like them too!

Please feel free to do this post if you’re interested, I always love seeing posts like this myself!

2 comments:

  1. LOVED this!! See my post is out of date already, because I also listen to and like everything you said here! I forgot all about Mel C, jesus :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure we could play a game taking turns naming songs and the other would just say 'love it!'

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...