Monday, March 6, 2017

Book Series I Want to Finish

Hello! So obviously I read a lot of books and I do enjoy a good series. But it means I’ve got a few series that are still floating around, waiting for me to finish them. I thoguht I’d make a blog post discussing compleated book series that I want to finish. There’s a few series that aren’t fully finished that I’m still reading but I wanted to concentrate on ones I’m nearly finished so that I remember what they are and hopefully get around to them soon!

 

His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman

The_Amber_Spyglass_Book_Cover

Years ago I started this series, when I was a teenager. I loved the first two books and even started The Amber Spyglass but for some reason didn’t finish it (I have however finished his Sally Lockhart series which I loved and was my introduction to Pullman) At this rate it’s been so long since I read the first two books that I need to reread them and that’s fine with me, I plan on even using that as my Book Riot reread challenge. And with the Book of Dust trilogy starting later this year, the sooner I get cracking with this series the better!

 

 

 

A Darker Shade of Magic series by V.E. Schwab

a conjuring of light

So this series is only just completed, as A Conjurng of Light only came out at the end of February. But I loved book one and two a lot and I’m looking forward to getting my hands on this. One of the disappointing things about my All Irish March is that I have to wait until April before I can read this! But it won’t be much of a wait and it’ll give me time to refresh what happened in book two.

 

 

 

 

Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger

timeless

I read (well mainly listened which was fun) to the first 4 books last year but haven’t gotten around to Timeless yet. Mainly because it’s not in the library, which is a massive pain. It’s so frustrating when your library is missing a book or two in a series! I do want to read this soon though so I can move on and start the Custard Protocol series by Carriger. And some of her other short story series too.

 

 

 

 

 

Demon Road series by Derek Landy

american monsters

I read books one and two of the Demon Road series pretty close together last year and had to wait until August for American Monsters to be released. But when it came out it just didn’t feel like the right thing to read. I’m hoping to get around to it this month as part of my Irish Authors reads.

 

 

 

 

 

Mary Quinn Mysteries by Y.S. Lee

rivals in the city

Rivals in the City is the final book in Lee’s Mary Quinn Mystery series, about a spy in Victorian times. I think part of the reason I haven’t picked this up is because it’s the last book in the series and I don’t want it to end!

 

 

 

 

 

Writing this post I came across other completed series I haven’t finished but I’m not sure where I fall on finishing them. I think I’ll do another post about series I don’t know if I’ll pick up again as there’s enough books for a post like that. Also I think I have enough for book series I want to start as heaven knows there’s plenty out there that I need to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...